What a difference thirty minutes makes in a busy moms day!
For about the past couple months, I've been, well, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say; completely exhausted. When I get home from work, all I want to do is rest, but as you know, I have a 1 year old where I'm the only tending parent in the evenings. We recently started walking three times out of the week, and the other two nights are bath nights. This hasn't really been helping with the exhaustion issue, but I'm also too over weight to not be doing something about it.
Of course, I've tried speaking to my "loving husband", who works long hours at ye-ole farm. (Using a management technique I just learned from a training seminar. It works! I'll have to post about that sometime soon and share my knowledge.) We wound up cutting a deal where he'll be be home at least 2 nights a week during the off season, but work toward three since three would be ideal for me to allow me to go work out. Well, that hasn't exactly been happening consistently, and actually, I probably should have a reminder discussion with him, but at least that's something.
But anyway. The only person that can make you happy is yourself. So I decided to try leaving work a thirty minutes early to either nap, or do whatever I want to do with myself before picking up the little one. I've done this three times now, and so far it seems to be helpful. All three days I've opted to nap. Then I get up, go get the kiddo, and we have done activities where I haven't been fantasizing about doing nothing. I think MG is happier too, because she loves to be outside. On days that I'm too tired, I make her stay inside because she's easier to corral.
Yesterday we weeded my garden, (which has been more of a swamp after the six inches of rain we just got.) played on the slide, and ran around in the area behind the house and picked clover flowers and dandelions. Oh, and chased birds.
Today I'm totally exhausted, but that might be because I stayed up late editing July 4 photos. Those should go up on my family blog soon.