Monday, January 24, 2005

Snow Mobilin' & Sledding

For those of you who don't know Thursday and Friday it dropped about 3-5 inches of snow over this miserable state. This weekend, after driving to Fargo to visit my Grandfather on Saturday, who is in the hospital, Darin and I went home to Wheaton so he could do some snow mobiling.

Sunday afternoon we had lunch at Darin's parent's house. Darin's mom then wanted us to go out and find ice so she can make homemade ice cream in her old fashioned ice cream maker. So Darin makes me put on his snow mobile suit, gloves, hat, ski mask, etc. I looked like a brown snowman when I was finished. So we go get on the snow mobile and go looking for ice. It was hilarious. We wound up going to the river, which is frozen, and chiseling ice off of that. The ice cream was good though! It was totally worth it!

Then, after chiseling ice, Darin decided to make me drive my own snow mobile. This is the first time ever that I'll have driven a snow mobile. EVER! I was worried I was going to kill myself. But I did pretty well! After I got over the initial shock and claustrophobia of the helmet I had to wear, I was pretty good on my little snow mobile! I was scared as hell at first, as Darin is flying off in front of me in his own snow mobile. But then I got a little more comfortable. I think I could do it again. Now I need to go find a cute snow mobile suit, and helmet that will fit me.

Then, Darin's mom wanted to go sledding, so Darin and I went and found a good place to sled. That was hilarious! I haven't sledded since I was like 6. So that was a lot of fun. I went down this big'ole steep hill, and fell over 1/2 way down. Got snow all over me, and in my jacket. But I didn't care. It was hilarious. Then I got better on the second and third turn down. The hardest part was hiking my way back up the hill stuffed like a turkey with all this clothing on to keep warm. That stuff is really hard to maneuver in!

All in all it was a fun day, and I slept most of the way back to the cities!