Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Happy Anniversary to US!

I took some much needed time off to celebrate my 1-YEAR ANNIVERSARY this past weekend. Yes, it’s official. I’ve gone over yet another major milestone in life. I think there is probably only two more to go. (Childbirth and Death) But that’s OK. I’m coping with the fact that I’m already becoming ancient.

Let me tell you, it was really great not having to work! Darin and I originally planned to go up to Duluth for a 4 day weekend, but then we discovered there was some marathon race going on, and we decided we didn’t want to go up there during that. Apparently it is some really big deal, and we just wanted a relaxing weekend together. So we decided to just go up to the lake and try to have time alone. Luckily, his parents had something to do on Saturday, and weren’t planning on coming up until Sunday. So that left Friday and Saturday for us to have alone. Woo hoo!
This weekend was so great! I love spending time with my man!

Even though it rained majority of the time, we did manage to have a sunny and warm Sunday. We had so much fun just sitting around in the fishing boat - - Not catching many fish. I had bought a trolling lure before we headed out, and we tried that on Saturday in the rain. It was so exciting I caught a Walleye within the first hour! It was awesome! My dad is going to be sooo jealous! That’s his favorite fish. Who knew I’d turn out to be such a “professional fisherman”? Fishing is actually pretty fun! Who knew eh?

So now it’s off to another year of marital bliss! Have I mentioned that I love my man?

Now for the negative part. Because I took 2 days off of work (Friday and Monday), I now am swamped AGAIN! It doesn’t pay to take time off to relax, because when you come back either stuff is messed up because someone tried to do something to help you out, or the shit hits the fan while you are gone! Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one that knows whats going on around here!!
On a lighter note thought, the girl that I really dislike because she is PSYCHO put in her two weeks notice. Which means that there is another Planner position open that I will be trying for. That would make me happy because it means more money! Gotta love that! So hope for the best for me with my job! Life is looking good! The weather is even getting better finally!