Monday, September 15, 2008

Too Fat for Vegas?

OK. On a serious note. I am staying at the Mandalay Bay. I headed down to their super cool wave pool, and after not being able to locate my coworkers, I opted to find my own chair. As I started to look around for an empty lounge chair. I became frighteningly aware of my obesity. I thought I'd just find a chair, ditch my stuff and jump into the pool before anyone saw the beached whale. But I just couldn't do it. The more I saw hot siliconed women, the more I thought about my flabby round stretch mark scared belly and my oversized dimpled thighs. I just wanted to run up to my room. And that's just what I did after unsuccessfully finding a lounge chair that was in a mud hole to hide my hideous body. I for sure wasn't going to sit down next to anyone else out on that beach.

It was terrible. I never in my fat life, have been worried about the way I looked to other people. I just wanted to crawl up into a ball and never come out. Not even my $200 fat girl bathing suit could help me feel better. And it's super cute and flattering.

I've decided that no matter what I'm making it out there tomorrow. (It may need to involve a couple shots of some sort of hard liquor, but I'm doing it.) I can't stay at this incredible hotel, in nice hot 100 degree weather (it's 60 something in ND.) I'd be an idiot if I didn't take advantage.