Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Things I've been wanting to Share Pt1

These are old news now, but maybe they will be equally entertaining as they would have been had I posted them at the time of the haps.

Let me take you back to two Tuesdays ago. It was a cold November 18th. I was driving our crappy "in case of" car because mine was in the shop being worked on. I was driving to work in the morning when 10 miles away from my office it starts to act weird. I decide that I must have a tire going down, so I decide to pull over before it blows completely. I pull over to the side of the road and my car dies completely. --Weird-- So I start to checkout my gauges. To the far right, I see the problem. I RAN OUT OF GAS! This damn car didn't even have a light that turns on to alert me of the problem. Stupid thing! So here I am on a very cold windy morning, in an old rusty car. Broken down, 10 miles from my office.

Luckily, the car started again and I was able to make it another mile before it died on me again. I was able to coast up an exit ramp. Then I called a coworker and asked him what a person does in this sort of situation. He first laughed at me, then told me he had a gallon of gas in his garage because he runs out of gas more often then a person should. So he came to my rescue! Yippie. It was totally embarrassing because of the way my car looked. No one even stopped to ask if I needed help. I think it was because they saw my ugly car and thought that this must happen to me all the time.

Thank GOD for cell phones! and that I actually had mine with me that day!