Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Yummy

Now that I have a baby, I'm branching out into trying to make new foods.  Last night I grilled Salmon (something I used to hate until I had some of my Dads a few years back at Papadeux), and made Cheesy Broccoli Soup.  I was so impressed with myself.  This was the second time I've ever made salmon, but the first time it was baked.  It turned out really good.  I told DJ to be prepared because I was going to be experimenting once a week with foods I don't normally make. 
 
Next week, I'm going to make some sort of sea food concoction that I saw online.  It calls for Saffron.  Do you know how much saffron is?!!!  WTF is it anyway?  I went to the store and the spice container had a little tiny envelop in it (I can only assume there are about 2 sprigs of whatever it is in there), and it cost $15.00!!!!  I will be making this food concoction without it.