Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Appreciate Your Fragrance Free Sugar

You know how when you add about a cup of sugar to your coffee everyday? Or to your cereal? Well, I'm posting today to point out how much you should appreciate that it doesn't smell like ass. Because that's what sugar smells like when they start to refine it. Yep. Ass. Big nasty stinky ASS.

I live 5 miles away from a Sugar Beet Plant. For those of you who don't know, sugar beets are what sugar is made out. (If you don't use sugar cane sugar anyway.) These beets are about the size of a teenagers head... But I guess that's another story. Anyway. All winter long there are truckers delivering sugar beets to this plant. And this plant cooks it or whatever they do with it. And some days, when the wind is just right, I get to smell that nasty-nast. BLUCK! DJ says he likes the smell. But I kid you not. The first time I smelled it was this summer when I had the windows open in my sun room. I searched that room for a good portion of the day thinking some dog had shat a big ole steaming pile on my rug and then ran off. I never found the pile of shit, but when I went outside to checkout the flower beds, I realized there was no shit in my house.

So next time you pile on a nice big spoonful of sugar, BE SURE YOU APPRECIATE it's fragrance free scent.