Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Just Did Something Very "Parental"

Two small boys just came into my yard. With a gun. I'm guessing pellet or air (or are those the same thing?) Whatever. I don't really care. I live in the north end of TOWN, NOT the North end of Hick Town. I believe the gun laws still apply to my neighborhood, even though my row of houses is literally the last row of houses in town, and there is an empty lot behind my house. But, I still live in a town. Some people even come here from smaller towns to get their groceries. So really, to some people, I live in the BIG Town. OK, back to my story.

I stood in my window and watched them sneak up on a squirrel in the empty lot behind my yard. Then they came into my yard and used my bushes to hide themselves. This is where I decided I wasn't supporting this activity. After all, in a few days, we're going to have a swing set back there! So I decided to take action.

I marched on out onto my second floor deck. On the way, I considered yelling at them in my best "Marvin" voice. It would sound something like this, "GIT out of my yard!" Emphasis on Git, low grumbling growl on out of my yard. (furrow brows, look like angry ex-marine.) The git part is the part that makes you jump about 6 feet in the air, and the grumble helps solidify your worries when you turn toward the voice to see Mr. big man. But then I realized that having bronchitis and all, and being that it's sort of hard to speak, oh, and being that I'm not a big angry ex-marine (small detail right?), I went with the Kerry version of things. It went like this. (Hands on hips.) "I don't want you boys in my yard with that gun."
Them, "OK."
Me, "So go on back to your own yard then." (So totally sounded like my mom.)

Then I called Darin who proceeded to ask my 20 questions on the type of gun. I don't know. I'm a girl! Real or fake, I definitely don't want it in my yard. So I suppose now, next time I go for a walk, and their in their driveway, I'll have to ask about it. Sheesh. I have to be sure to be nice though, these people have a pool and that would be nice to hang out at some days. :)