This first irritate me because:
- It was an overnight package that I needed on Thursday
- It didn't have to be signed for so I don't know why they couldn't just leave it in my box, or drop it off at the office
- I now have to go get it at the Post Office during work hours to get it on Thursday
Thursday afternoon rolls around, and I head to the PO to retrieve my package. (Which by the way are Rodeo Tickets that I paid $80 for). I get there, stand in line for longer than I should have since there were only 2 people ahead of me, and 3 tellers, to hear this, "Well, ummm, this package might not be here. Let me check." Walks off, comes back a couple minutes later, "Yeah, this was taken out to try to deliver again today."
So that pisses me off because: Nowhere on that pink slip does it say "will to redeliver tomorrow". It SAYS, "your package is at the post office"!!!!
So I procede to tell the guy that I need that package now because it has tickets in it for tonight, which is why I had it overnighted to me in the first place. So is there a way to find the Carrier and get it? He tells me, "well.... you can drive around the neighborhood and see if you can find her".
"You don' t have a way to walky talky her and find out which street she's on?"
"Let me go talk to my supervisor." Walks off. Returns in about 2 minutes, "Well, you can start at Grapevine Rd and just drive in and out of the residentials."
So I say again, "Don't you have a way of calling the carrier to see where they are?"
"No, not really."
"Then how do you know if they are alright? What if they were mugged or something on the job?"
"Well, they usually have their own cell phones."
"Can you call hers to see where she is?"
"Well, I don't really know her number...." duuuuuuhhhh.
God! I hate the United States Post Office!!!!
So I went chasing around the residentials to try and find her. I found one, but it was the wrong lady. So I never found the right one. I wound up going home, and righting a note on a sticky, and posting it on my mailbox to tell the person to leave it in my box no matter what. Luckily that worked, and I didn't have to go postal at the post office after work.
So now you know why I hate the USPS. The End!