Friday, March 04, 2005

Company Reviews & Other Company News.

Our company reviews are due today. General concensus from everyone is that they are a joke. They are similar to those at P1, but a lot less questions. Myself, being as anal retentive as I am, have kept notes on the "extra" things I've done since being hired. So I made sure to use that information as examples in all my answers. I can safely negate that I probably have the longest review in the office. I even apologized to my manager when I handed it in to her. I told her I am used to how P1 makes you do it, and that it might be a bit lenghthy. She just laughed at me and told me she likes that because it helps her with hers. This was Wednesday. Thursday she sends an email out to the other Allocators telling them to use examples as to why they rated themselves the way they did. I think this might be my fault. Everyone had to redo theirs. he he he.

Another great piece of news with my company is that we actually made Plan. Which we were first told in October that we were right on track with plan, and would be receiving bonus if things went as planned. Then in January, we were told not to expect a bonus. Then we were told on Tuesday or Wednesday that we made Plan. And even Exceeded Plan by 102.3% woo hoo! So I am getting a bonus! Which I totally love. Especially because I've been seriously missing the structure and prestige of P1. And one thing I thought was great about Wilsons is that it gives bonuses to everyone in the merchandising positions. This includes buyers, planners, allocators, and MPSs. P1 doesn't do that. Only buyers and managers get a bonus there. So when I started working here I thought that was a great benefit. So this totally rocks that we indeed are getting it! And it'll be a good hunk of change too!

Then today. We had our monthly meeting, where they cover all that happened in the last meeting, announce the employee of the month (another thing P1 doesn't do), and give a way new product.. During this meeting out new CEO told us that everyone in the home office, full time to part time will be on a bonus plan for 2005. It will be based on a percentage of salary. So I think this is totally cool. I don't know any retail coorportate company that does that. Even though this change doesn't effect (or affect? I can't ever keep them straight) me I think that it is totally the right thing to do. Of course, I think the merchandisers (and a select few other departments) should get a bigger % of the pie since we are the late hour workers, and the first people to be blamed when things do not go well. We also just announced that February was 7.8% above plan total company, so I hope that all this news makes our stock price go up since it's only $4.22 or something like that. I don't even own any yet because they do that weird. But it'd still be nice to see.

I'm not sure where all this news leaves me though. I have been contimplating looking elsewhere, but obviously haven't done much about it. There are many aspects of this place that I like, that don't have anything to do with my position. And there are many aspects of my position that I don't like too. I really want to get into something more creative and I don't think anything here will be opening up nor do I know for sure if I'd be a good fit with the current design department here. So I guess I'll keep you posted!