I applied for an open Planner Position in the Airport Division. I once again was up against a girl that has been with the company longer. So, of course, I didn’t get it. As a result, her position was open. (Same job I’m doing, but in Women’s Garments and is considered a higher position because it is in Garments.) So I guess I was flattered when I was told they gave the job to her, and that they are moving me to Garments. The strange thing about all of this is that I wasn’t asked to move to Garments. I was told. I was also not given a pay raise offer. So the news was bitter sweet for many many many many reasons. I will be doing more work (in the eyes of the managers at this company), and more detailed analysis’, etc. Yet, keep in mind. No raise with the move. I feel screwed. I’m a hard worker. I’m a dedicated worker. I feel like, because I’ve excelled in Accessories I’m being recognized for Garments, yet, I’m getting screwed because my hard work didn’t give me more money. This, by the way, would be very helpful for me right now.
So after stewing on this over the weekend and talking it over with my amazing husband. I typed up 2 pages worth of argument for a pay raise that I planned to take to HR. I then scheduled a meeting with my manager’s manager, prefacing it with, “There are some concerns that I have about my move to Garments, and I’d like to discuss them with you before I go to HR.” So I sat down with her for an hour, and discussed with her my problems and issues with the current “system” in place. I suppose I could post my little essay, but I think it’d just bore you. J So you can thank me for that later.
So, after all that, I am sure that nothing will change from it. This really leaves me feeling as if this company isn’t as employee friendly as they keep toting to everyone. Which in addition, leaves me with a lot to think about. Questions questions questions. So many questions! I looked in to how much it would cost me to get out of my lease. Around the numbers of $3000. So the option of breaking my lease and finding something closer to D ASAP is out of the question. I will finish out my lease here in the Cities. Then, do I start looking for something to satisfy me monetarily until my lease is up? Do I find a second job, or do I find a higher paying new job? If yes to the latter of those two options, where?
Why is it that money never seems to be enough? The cost of living up here is so damn expensive! Plus the cost of gas, with me driving back and forth, I feel like I’m never going to get my bills paid off.