Friday, the merchandising department had its annual boat cruise. We leave the office at 11:00, rented a yacht, were given free drink tickets, free food, and then float around on lake Minnetonka for 3 hours. What could be better?! I have to say, this boat cruise couldn’t have come at a better time. I’ve been at the breaking point at work for the past 8 weeks now, and quite frankly, am very impressed with myself that I haven’t seriously “freaked out” on anyone. After the boat cruise, some of us headed off to a lakeside bar for more drinking and fun. Although, at this second stop, we had to pay for our own alcohol. Booo! All that being said, I planned on getting schnockerd. Oh yes, you heard me. Schnockerd! I pretty much accomplished this goal. It was great! I haven’t been drunk in a long ass time, so it was long due! We started drinking at noon, and I was finished by 7:00.
The strangest thing about being drunk that earlier in the day, and still having daylight around you is that when you stop drinking, you realize how long it really takes for a person to sober up. My lovely husband, who failed to meet me at the second location because he was too “busy” to leave on time to meet me there at 3:30, was stone cold sober when I got home. Making me very aware of how drunk I was. So when we headed out to eat, and all I could think about was how much it sucks to try to sober up without just crashing on the couch until the next morning! I mean, I had to carry on sober conversation, and stuff! But anyway. Friday was long overdue for a good time. I’ve made some good friends at work, and it’s fun to let lose with them. I can’t wait to do it again… Good thing there’s a happy hour on Thursday for someone who is quitting! Woo hoo!