This Saturday we went roller blading around the lake. There is this great path that weaves in and out of the woodsy lake area around my apartment. We were maybe 20 minutes into our ride when we came upon a steep decline. Not only was it a steep decline, but a turn at the same time too! If you don't make the turn, you'd fly straight into the lake.
Now, for those of you who don't roller blade. Breaking isn't always the easiest thing to do, nor is it always very effective. So my solution to this little problem was to go down the hill in a zig zag formation. Coming off of the path onto the grass to slow me down as I go. First zig. Went great. Second Zig. Not as smooth, but I go ahead with the next Zag. This one I failed miserably at. Suddenly I am on my ass, sliding down the hill. So I scream, of course! and when I finally come to a stop, I realize that my ass is pretty cold. So I put my had back there to see if I still have one. To my surprise, I had ripped the ass out of my jeans!!!! And when I say ripped the ass out of, I really mean it! I had split it down the middle seam on both sides! So I call Darin to come back and get me because we now have to go home. After he laughs at me, and makes me get up to see how bad it really is, he tries to convince me that it's not that bad, and that no one on the trail will notice. Ummm... Yeah right! I have a big ole white ass hanging out of my pants. I think that's noticeable from anywhere! So after a little bit of a squabble, Darin finally takes off his shirt so I can wrap it around my ass, and we roller blade home.
Today, my right ankle and wrist are sore, and so is my ass. My spirit is broken. I no longer want to roller blade around the lake. :(