I'm 28. And to 1/2 of my friends, that's pretty old! Why you may ask? Because I'm married without any kids. Everyone my age that already has kids, keeps asking when we're going to have them. Then, my soon to be sister in law (who is a twit) is 32, and her man (my brother in-law) is 27. She said she's going to stop taking her birth control before the wedding because she wants to get pregnant right away. "no pressure on me, of course!" --She said that to me. And actually, I didn't feel pressured until she said that. And then I started thinking about it. It got so bad I brought it up to Darin and started to cry because there must be something wrong with me that I do NOT want to be pregnant right now. Now I'm like, "b/c we got married first should I be preg first?" "Should we get right on that?" But then, because I don't like it when people do things that I do, I don't want to be preg when she is. --mainly b/c I don't really think I like her, and don't want to have to "bond" with her over being preg at the same time. :o) So maybe I'm off the hook until after she squeezes one out. :o) She's already got an 11 year old too. So that really makes me not want to be preg w/her because I bet she's one of those people that will tell me all the things about being pregnant. Which I HATE when people volunteer information, or tell me what I'm feeling.
Anther one of my twenty something friends who is freshly married has gone down the childless drain too. Which leave me to wonder, do I really just need to get on with it and get it out of the way before I really am too old?
This is actually a weird time in my life. (Which I'm guessing is probably the REAL reason why I'm starting to over think this part of it.) I'm still fairly young, and I either have single friends that are doing everyone in site, or married friends that are squeezing kids out left and right. I have no one to relate to because no one is just happy being young and married w/o kids! What is this world coming to??? There is absolutely nothing wrong with being married without kids. And what if I just happen to be one of those women that NEVER wants to have kids?
You people that call yourself my friends will just have to accept this if that turns out to be the case. (Read my blog from July on a similar topic if you must :) You all have your own flaws, so don't make me point them out in an attempt to make myself feel better about this! :o)
Peace - Out