Monday, October 10, 2005

I Just Might Be Too Old For This

Let me share with you, the details of my Friday Night.

Friday Night was designated Ladies Night Out. Dinner and a Movie. This is because my pregnant friend wanted to do something, but didn't want to do anything too strenuous. It also turns out that it was a co-worker of mine's 30th Birthday. That being said, our evening didn't exactly stay as planned.

We started out innocently enough by going to Houlihans and having two-for-ones and appetizer. Then around 7:00 we decided that we didn't have to go to a movie. So we stayed a while longer. Then our prego friend left, so then it was just us non-pregos left. 5 of us. So we stayed and drank some more. Then happy hour came back on, so we had a couple more two-for-ones. Let me tell you, our waiter loved us! So at about 11:00 we decided to go to one of the girls boyfriends friends house where they were hanging out. We decided this because the alcohol would be free. So after a crazy night of drinking, I finally drove my ass home at 3:00.

I totally thought I wasn't that drunk though. I went home, felt fine, and went to bed. No spinning or anything! I thought, this is great! Tomorrow I'm going to feel fine!

Noon on Saturday. I finally wake up to the chirping birds. OK, not chirping birds, loud fu&*^ing stomping upstairs neighbors. I hate them, how the hell can you stomp so hard on the floor, and not realize you are stomping? I swear they were going to fall through the ceiling an into my bed with me. Grrrr.

So I decided to get my lazy ass out of bed. Boy, did I feel nauseous. So I go to the fridge to get some water and some lunch. Since it was noon and all.... After I ate, I just felt even more nauseous. So I decided to take a nap. Then Darin called, and I had to talk. It was at this moment that I realized I was hung over. I didn't realize how hard it was to talk when you thought you were going to puke at any moment. So after I got off the phone with my hunky husband, I took a nap. The only time I changed out of my pj's all day was when I had to leave to buy groceries, then I came home, snacked on my watermelon, and did very little.

I'm not sure what put me over the edge. Like I said, when I came home I was feeling pretty mild. So I was pretty surprised by the state I was in the next morning. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that blue shot I did. Or maybe it was that pink one. Or maybe that green one. Or maybe the big blue drink I had with chunks of pineapple floating in it.... Yeah, I think it was one of them.