Monday, October 24, 2005

What Was That I Said about Drinking?

So, I guess it’s only been about two weeks since my entry regarding NEVER DRINKING AGAIN. Well, I guess I have no will power. Darin’s 30th birthday was this weekend. We went to the local Legion to celebrate. Seems harmless right? Well, I have decided that drinking with relatives is worse than partying with friends. I never was without a drink. The drinks were very bad too. The bartender was making them horribly strong. I was so drunk, that when we closed the place down, I stood up to walk out, left over cake in hand, and fell over. It was a little embarrassing. But oh well, my husband was wasted too. So it was all good.

After we closed down the bar, we all decided that we should all go back to my grandmother’s house, where my aunt lives in the apartment above. We were on a mission to wake my aunt up, because she crapped out on us and never showed up to the bar. So we all tromped upstairs to my aunt’s place. My poor Grandma, she never came out to yell at us, but I know she was in her room pissed. My aunt wound up making us eggs. After that, around 4:00am we finally decided to go home. At this point, I still was not aware of the extent of my drunkenness. I should have been tipped off by my husband’s statement, who is never drunk, “I’m wasted”. As he drove us home… No I’m sure you city folk people are now thinking, “you kids shouldn’t have been driving if you were so drunk”. Let me remind you that this town only has like 5 houses in it. OK, that was an exaggeration… But we drove only 3 blocks to our house.

After greeting the toilet bowl with a little surprise, I wound up falling asleep on the couch. Don’t ask me why. I don’t remember lying down on the couch much. Sunday morning, I thought I was feeling fine, except for this little puking problem that I developed. I couldn’t hold anything down. I think I puked 7 times. The toilet and I are now close buddies.

So let me tell y’all again. I am never going to drink again. The thought still today makes me a little queasy. If I do drink again, I think I’m going to have to change my drink of choice. Maybe to something a little less alcoholic. Maybe a Shirley Temple next time.