Saturday, December 08, 2007

Frickin' Cold

Have I bitched about the cold weather lately? Well, I'm doing it again.

Do you know how cold it is in this place? NEGATIVE 14! It is so cold, that when I walked outside to get into my office building, within seconds, the hairs in my nose froze! I thought I had a booger I was going to have to pick out, but when I got into the building all was well again. This actually happened to me on the way in to Target the other day, and that day the temperature was negative 7. Same thing. Frozen nose hairs.

When I told DJ that no human should be living in this kind of climate, he told me to just wait until my eyelashes freeze and get little tiny icicles on them. WHAT?! Again, I pointed out how no one was meant to live in this place.

Another strange thing about this place that I realized as we were sweeping 7 inches of snow off my car in the airport parking lot was, "Why the HELL doesn't this town have any covered parking?" You'd think that they'd really like this concept since we're always scraping sheets of ice off our windshields. Who was the idiot that built this city anyway? I also wonder why they don't ever attach their garages to their buildings. All the apartment building parking garages are detached, but for a few that have underground parking. And all the houses built before, oh, probably 1995 also have no attached garages. Why? Of all places, this place should have been the inventor of attached garages.

All I have to say is thank God for the invention of Astro-Start. At least when I do finally get to my car, it's nice and warm. Well, I came in today to get some work done, so I better get to it. I'll write more later if I get it all done.