Monday, October 20, 2008

Shittiest Day Ever?

I think so! This could have been one of the shittiest work days I've ever had at my office. It's been hella busy at my office. It's gotten to the point that I have 400 emails in my inbox to do something with, but I don't have time to do anything with them. So there they sit. (
which reminds me. Please don't email me at my office for a while. If you do, you're just going into a filtered folder for me to find some day when I get some of this shit off my plate.)

This week, I get to deal with this lady from Germany who is our CEO's current favorite pet. Nothing is organized, nothing is scheduled, and even though she says she's going to meet with you, she almost always, tries to back out. Unless you are someone she get sucker into buying into whatever new product she's developed, she doesn't want to meet with you. (Even though, it's my team that is driving sales on those products. So you'd think she'd be kicking my ass.... ) Today I got to interrupt a meeting because I was told that there was no other business to be had other than for my team to film the 16 videos we have planned.

You can probably imagine my infuriation when I walk to the boardroom to find her having a meeting. (One that I can only assume is her pushing some new product that she wants us to sell for her) After an hour passing, I complained to my boss who advised me that I interrupt and tell her we will be filming in 10 minutes. I thought that was a little harsh, so I instead interrupted and told the room full of executives that we needed to film today. To which, German lady tried to push me off until tomorrow. Which, in turn, I got to (politely as I could be) say, "I'm sorry, no. (Big fat flipping NO!) We have no time to wait until tomorrow if "you/she" wants time to know what's going on and prepare. I then said I would like to begin filming at noon. Which was in an hour.

10 minutes later she was in my office discussing with me the one thing she is in the country to do. FILM VIDEOS! So frustrating. So mother fuckingly frustrating. I could feel steam rolling out of my ears. I told my director about it, and she said, "Before we bring on anymore of her products, she needs to provide proper support to her existing products." Well said. Then I asked, "Who wants to tell that to someone up high to make it happen?" So I have no idea what she's going to do, but at least I feel supported. Which is very nice to feel supported. It's like a nice comfortable sports bra. Ahhhhh.

I was yet again, supposed to be out of the office by 4:00, but didn't get out until after 4:30. I walked into my bosses office and said I am outta here. She asked if I was coming back tomorrow. I told her I'd think about it. ;o) Unfortunately, I get to hand hold German lady in order to keep her comfortable in front of the camera. Basically, I can't trust anyone else to do it, so therefore I get to spend another week sitting in meetings and not getting anything done. Oh the joys!

My whole drive home, I blasted a variation of hard metal music to scream and yell my frustrations out. All I could do was pray that seeing my baby would put me into a better mood. Which really all pivots on if she's in a good mood or not. Luckily, she was in a great mood! So we came home and laid on my bed and giggled and drooled. OK. She drooled. I'm not really a drooler these days. I think I've got that under control.

Today is also DJ's birthday. I didn't even get to see him but this morning when I kissed him goodbye. He's not coming home tonight because he's hard at work harvesting. :o( What a crappy birthday that is for him isn't it? Don't worry though. Last night I took him to Merle Haggard. You know... Old guy... Sings country music... And I let him open his gifts last night. I think he was pretty happy last night. I hope he's not still harvesting on my birthday. Because I will lose it if I don't get to spend my actual birthday day with him.