That's an inside joke...
Well, Friday Darin and I went to his parent's farm to get the speed boat. While we were fuelling up the gas tanks, these three tiny little kittys come running out to greet me. Darin had found them last week sometime. They were so cute. One dark grey with stripes, the other light grey with stripes, and a little bit of orange, the other grey and white blotches. So while Darin messed with the boats I messed with the kitties. They were so cute. Especially the grey and white blotches one. So Darin then tells me he thought that one was cute too, and if he were to keep a cat, it'd be that one. So then he got me thinking...."Maybe I should take him when he's ready..."
But I'm not sure of this, and decide to think about it more. First of all, cats are high maintenance. At least higher than my rabbit. They meow, they have to have a little box, and that means I have to clean the thing! Where would I put a litter box anyway?
So we go to the lake for the weekend. Leaving the kitties behind.
We returned to the farm on Sunday, around 3:00. Darin once again had to tinker with stuff, so I went off to find my kitties. The grey and white blotchy one was sitting outside of it's little makeshift home waiting to great me. The others were nowhere to be found. So I play with the one little guy, thinking the others will hear and come out. They didn't. So now reality is setting in. They are probably dead under there somewhere.
So I go get a flash light to look. By this time, I've gathered a following. My "monkey cat" from last year that likes to climb on everything, and can find a way to get somewhere no matter what. A new kitten from last week that just showed up that is really friendly, another friendly cat, and this grey and white kitten. When I look under the gas tank. I see the other two kitties, but they aren't moving. I go to the other side to see their faces, and sure enough. They are dead. Which makes me feel horrible because on Friday we were all playing happily. We don't know if they starved to death, or if a male cat got in there and killed them. Which happens somewhat often because aparently boy cats are the devil. Jerk cats. >:o
So, now we have this one little guy, who is most likely abandoned by his mama, and most likely spend the raining weekend cuddled up to his dead brother and sister to keep warm, with no food. So I took it into the house to find some condensed milk, or milk replacer to feed this poor guy.
To make a long story short, I wound up bringing him home with me. So now, I've got this cat. I don't even think I want to keep him because I have Jax and don't need another creature. I don't want to have to pour money I don't have into feeding and taking care of this guy. So I don't know. Most likely I will nurse it all week and return it to the farm. I'm thinking I shoudl convince Darin he needs a cat at the house. That way I don't have it, and he will have a buddy. Then I can have a cuddler on the weekends when I come home.
I don't even know if I should name him or not. I'm so confused!