Well, if anyone actually still reads my blog, here's an update on my weekend.
The weather was supposed to be fabulous. In the high 80's to low 90's. So Darin and I decided to go to the lake for one last horrah. Well, it was windy. Not really windy enough to be a pain, but windy enough to make white caps on the lake, so we couldn't exactly put the boat in and have fun. So we went to the other side of the lake. (I guess I should explain that there is a north side and a south side. They are seperated by a road, and usually if one is choppy the other is not. However, to get to the South side one in a boat you have to put the boat in on the north side, and then go under a really tiny bridge.) So Darin and I decided to go paddle boating on the south side. We paddleboated for about an hour, with the current into the lake. Then realized, once the wind picked up more, and it was starting to get dark, that we had a long road ahead of us to paddle against the current to get home. Actually, it wasn't so bad getting back, but let me tell you my ass and thighs hurt from paddling.
Then I grilled steak. It was so awesome. The best steak I've ever grilled. I loved it! I love being a meat eater. It's so much better than those vegetable eaters. Vegetables aren't 1/2 as much fun!
Then, on Sunday, it was 95 degrees, but still windy. So Darin and I went up to the North lake with the intentions of seeing if we should just swim on the shore. The water was butt-ass cold! Not as cold as the people who froze on the Titanic cold. But still pretty cold. So we waded in, and after about 15 minutes of standing there, "I said screw it! I'm going in!" So I took off my cloths (No I wasn't nude. I had my bathing suit on...pervert) and dove in. Man was it cold. But it was also invigorating. Sure, my body probably went into shock at first, but when I pulled my head back out of the water and felt the warmth on my face, I felt alive and fabulous! All the stress I had been feeling from work, and lonelyness melted away. Shortly after Darin joined me and realized the same thing. We decided we should try to join a polarbear club this winter- you know, those crazy people that swim in feezing cold lakes in the dead of winter. Not that that really will happen. But it seemed like a good plan at the time. We swam for a good amount of time before we finally got out. The waves were so big it was like body surfing at times. We had so much fun. It felt sooooo good. When we got out because it was so warm and windy, we dried off pretty quickly without towels. Then we walked around the lake for a bit, watching the wild life, and the fishermen. It was a great day!