Monday, December 13, 2004

Early Christmas For Me!

Friday night my husband was scheming yet another trick on me with his brother.

Before I got to Wheaton, he asked me if I wanted to go to Breckenridge to go to a movie (Oceans 12). So I thought, "That sounds nice, yes! Let's do that". So off to Breck. we went. Once we arrived at the theatre, he says, "Delane is in town shopping, I'm going to call him and see if he wants to see a movie." So Delane shows up and we all go into the theatre. I sit down, Darin sits, and then gets back up and says, "I have to go poop." So I'm like, "Oh no! He's going to miss most the movies!" In other words, it takes him a long time to poop! ha! Then his brother says to me, "I'm going to go smoke.". So there I am. All alone. In the theatre. Looking like a loser during the previews and the begining of the movie. With my popcorn and drink. I felt like a big fat loser!!!! Then Darin comes back shortly after the movies starts. "That was quick!", I say. Then Delane comes back and we all watch the rest of the movie.

One the way out, Darin suggests we all go get a drink. So obviously I say yes! He tells Delane to go get his car to warm it up, and that I need to wait for him while he pees. So I think this is strange becuase Darin is one of those that never goes to the bathroom, and here he is going twice in a 2 hour time span. So then, Delane drives up, Darin even OPENS my door to get into Delanes car, and off to the bar we go.

When we leave the bar, Darin tells Delane to just go home because he has to get some tractor part in Breckenridge in the morning, so we can just pick up my car later. So I kind of freak out because a. I don't want to leave my car anywhere, and b. All my stuff is in there for the weekend. But Darin tells me not to worry about it, and after fighting about it for a while, I give up. After all, he is my husband, and I trust him. So I suspect nothing.

The next morning it all starts coming together for me. Now that the alcohol is out of my system.
1. Delane is convieniently in Breckenridge shopping, but has no gifts in his car
2. It's weird that Darin has to poop at the begining of the movie
3. He came back way too soon if he did poop
4. He asks me to wait for him while he pees after the movie
5. I didn't actually see my car in the lot when Darin was wisping me into Delanes car

So I told Darin that I thought my car was getting Astro Start installed. And he confessed. I was right. Then he procedes to make fun of me for not suspecting all night. And my whole thing was he IS my HUSBAND, and I'm not suposed to suspect him. He calls this his Oceans 12, since his proposal was his Oceans 11. What a dork. I picture him and Delane humming the Mission Impossible theme to eachother all night long. But I don't mind, because I have the most fabulous Christmas present ever! Now my car will always be warm and cozy!