Thursday, December 02, 2004

I Love My Buyer

My buyer is awesome! Some days, she's my only lifeline to sanity. So many people at my office take their jobs so seriously, that they have lost their sense of life. All they do is sit at their desks and pound away. Which obviously is neccessary right now since it is the heart of the holiday season and face it! This IS retail! But people hardly go out to lunch. And if they do they go out, get it and come back. They are so stressed out that they need a little bit of a break in the day to help them break the misery.

Well, I lately have been falling into that same rut. I've had so much work to do, plus, since no one else goes to lunch, then I don't either unless it's by myself. Plus, I'm trying to lose weight and save money, so I haven't been leaving. This is how I recognized the importance of leaving the office at lunchtime, if only for a few minutes in the day. I have gotten so bitter and pissy this week. Anyway, back to my buyer.

She inspires me. I can't remember many times where I have thought to myself, "I wish I had some of her traits" in my adult life. Well... Actually I can. There have been 2. But she has a way about her that says, "I am in control, I've got my poo together, but I'm not a bitch, and things are fun!" Her long drawn out meetings aren't so hard to bear because we joke and are silly as well as get business done. When I'm almost to the boiling point, she might pop in her head, and say something funny or dumb. Even when she's giving me a big ole pile of crap to day, she does it in a way that I don't really mind. Because she A. makes me feel appreciated B. Bribes me with flatery. ha! Anyway. I'm very thankful that I wound up with her, because other people's buyers are all work and no play, and they seem to be a lot more stressed out than my team is. Thank God for Sarah!