Dead Popes:
So this weekend the Pope finally passed away. I think this is a good thing. Why? Because I think it was time for us to get a fresh face in there. Nothing against the old Pope, I just think he should have stepped down a few years ago. The weird thing about this whole, "The Pope's Dead" thing is all the people that are preying for him. Everwhere everyone is saying Prey for the Pope! Prey for the Pope! Well, really now, if there is anyone in the world that doesn't need our help on his death bed, I think it'd HAVE to be the Pope! Afterall, he is already God's right hand man. Also, has anyone else found some of these death rituals a little strange? After he dies, they call out his name three times, and if he doesn't answer all three times they remove his ring and smash it. This of course, replaces the old tradition of tapping him on the head three times with a gold hammer. Now, he's going to be on display for a maximum of nine days. I think this is a little weird. I've only seen two dead people, my cousin and then my Grandfather, and I know what they looked like only the second day after their viewing. I can't imagine what this poor man is going to look like in NINE days! It's outrageous to me to do this. Why can't we let this man rest in peace? I think the Catholic people can morn this loss without the corpse.
Dead Granpa's:
It's a little strange. Once I heard that the Pope's death was imminent. All I really wanted to do was pick up the phone and call my Grandpa to discuss it. He always had a quick wit about him, and although a topic might be serious, he has a good way of putting it into perspective, and making it a lighter subject. boo hoo.
My Grandmother's Burnt Yard:
Apparently, this past Easter weekend, while my Grandma was in Kansas City with my Aunt and Cousin's, her neighbor decided to burn some weeds or something. He thought they were out, and they wound up flaring up again, and the fire came 3 feet from my Grandparent's house. So, she got to come home to a burnt up yard! Thankfully, nothing in the house was ruined, and she says she didnt' have much of a smoke smell. Thank goodness my Granpa wasn't alive for this. After his initial excitement that there was a fire, he'd have tore that neighbor a new a-hole for not making sure his fire was out. Then he'd make a few jokes about the neighbor's mistakes, and we'd all eat dinner. God I miss my Grandpa!