Monday, April 25, 2005

My Weekend in the Country

This weekend I went to the big W. I hadn't seen my husband for 2 weeks. So it was a "good" weekend.

Besides all the "staying at home" we did, we also went out and had a lot of fun with his four wheeler and horses. Saturday we took the four wheeler out to a couple of his fields to see if they were dry enough to get a tractor on them, that was fun because we almost got stuck in the mud, not once, but two times! I don't know what it is, but seeing your man do manly things is quite a turn on. Then after that we relieved his brother from his 'scratching' duties. No this isn't something he was doing while sitting in front of the television with his pants unbuttoned and watching the Simpsons. Scratching is what they call tilling up the top layers of the soil in an attempt to get the rest of it to dry. Wow, aren't I such a knowledgable farmer's wife?
So we took over that and finished a whole field. Now, I know this might sound boring to most people, me included really, it wasn't, because Darin and I had a lot to talk about. We sat in his tractor, going up and down the rows, and talking about whatever we felt like talking about. I love bonding with my man. :o)

Sunday, we headed out to the local Dairy Way, yes, I said Dairy Way, not Dairy Queen; and had lunch and desert of course! Then we thought since it was actually nice out we'd go ride horse. Turns out we didn't ride them, we were both to lazy to get all the gear setup, so instead we bribed 2 of the 5 with oats, luring them over to us by the barn, then we combed them and just hung out with them until they were sick of us. Which really was a good amount of time. I've decided that I'm going to get one of the horses to love me. This way when I walk out to the barn, it'll come up and be happy to see me. Then it'll be MY horse. he he he. Then after that we went four wheeling again, but this time I got to drive! Look out! We went down to the field that D wrote on when he proposed, then over to the river that is just behind it. One side of this river is Minnesota, the other side is South Dakota. The land around there is really beautiful. I wish I had a good camera so I could go back and take some really awesome photos. Actually, I think that will be my next investment. I think I'm going to get a good camera. Cesar would be proud. :o)

So that was weekend in a quick recap.