Finally, I have something positive to speak about again!
Yesterday was the nicest day this state has had since I got here. The temp probably didn't even top 70, but I didn't care, there was (for once) no rain, no snow, no wind, no sleet, no tornadoes.... you get the picture.
Besides having to be trapped at my job from 7:30-5:00, I had a really good day.
When I got home, I changed straight into my workout gear, and took off for a walk around the neighborhood. The smell of fresh outdoors was so nice, and very calming. As I looked around at all the new saplings, and buds on the evergreens, I was able to calm down from my hectic life for a while, and in that time, I discovered one good thing about this state. Foliage baby. Everywhere you turn there are plants on peoples window sills, evergreens everywhere, green grass, pretty flowers...And this is just in the city limits. As you get out of the city, there are miles and miles of fresh land, and right now the farmers have just finished tilling it over and seeding. So everything is jet black, and smells like fresh earth. I can't wait until the fields start growing up! It's going to be quite a site. I remember from when I was little driving through fields and fields of wheat and corn. It's going to be so fun to see! As you may have noticed, I've been a little bitter lately. tee hee. I desperately needed a nice day like yesterday.
But, in case anyone missed all the crappy cold and rain, it's back today. So woo hoo for shitty weather! Not.