I had a 7:00am apointment this morning to have two fillings replaced. I completely forgot what this entails. So the lady goes, I'll prep you for your novicaine. Then sticks two q tips in my mouth. So I think this is the novicaine. My face is going numb, so this is it right? WRONG. The dentist comes in shortly after, and brings out this HUGE needle. Then he stabs into me. Not once, not twice, not three time, but FOUR times! The stuff was leeking and it went down my throat, it tasted aweful!!! Now, I have never been one of those people that freak out at the dentist office. I have never really cared. But today, while he was doing this, I was having second thoughts. I was actually thinking I should have gone to one of those sedation dentistry dudes.
So after I'm quite well numbed, he says, "here we go!" (I guess that was supposed to be funny or something), and he starts carving away at my old filling. Once he gets my two old fillings out he says, "well, you've got a really big cavity developing under one of the fillings". Then he proceeds to dig the cavity out of my tooth. At one point, I made the mistake of touching my tongue to the area he was working on. EEEK!!! I swear I had no tooth left!!!!!!
One hour later, I had two new fillings in my mouth. Right now, I am trying to drink my Caribou Coffee, and hoping to God that I don't spill it everywhere. I have no ability to suck because I have no feeling in the sides of my mouth. I actually tried to rub my lips together, you know, how you do after you apply lipstick, and I think I now know how a stroke victim feels. I couldn't get them together, much less rub them if I ever got them together!!! It really bites. I can't wait until this shit wears off.
Now my fillings feel like sandpaper. I am hoping they don't really feel that way when my face come back to me. Otherwise, I'll be back at the dentist.