Thursday, April 26, 2007

Presentations

Tomorrow I will be heading up a PowerPoint presentation on something I've been working on for more than six months. Since I'm pretty sure it's going to be a long and tedious meeting (not because my presentation will be boring, but because a couple people on my team DO NOT like change.-Don't get me started on how this is the Internet world I work in, and if they have a problem with change, they should find another medium to work in.) I decided to bring in some chips and queso to distract them.

The game plan: Wait until they are all seated and stuffing their faces. Then try to get through as much as my presentation as possible before they swallow so they can't object. Think it will work?

Nah, I don't suspect this meeting will really be that bad, but I know it will be met with opposition by a couple people on my team, and I'll get to stand up there and defend my reasons for everything. I just know it's going to be a long and tiring meeting for me. The whole project tires my brain every time I get into it.

But the queso is going to be great! I'm making two kinds. One with Pepper Jack cheeze, and one with Velveeta and beef.