I've noticed that I have a few "scary cat lady" habits (or, "scary rabbit lady" habits to be more accurate). I apparently talked to Jax quite a bit, because I find myself talking to her in my head now. I'll start to say something out loud, then realize she's not there. Like when I go to the fridge for a couple carrots, I immediately feel myself wanting to ask her if she wants a carrot. -I think I'm going to have to give up eating carrots and celery for a while.
I also noticed that I have some "rabbit" centric habits that are going to be hard to get rid of. Like for example, I laid out a few photos on the floor last night. Now usually, if I left something like that on the floor, the rabbit would run right on over and try to take a nibble. So last night, I am arranging and rearranging photos on the floor, but I'm doing it in a way that I'm sort of on guard to ward off any bunny attacks. Once I realized that I was doing that. I couldn't work with the pictures anymore.
Another rabbit habit I have, is whenever something rustles or rattles, I immediately go into "stop the rabbit" mode. Last night I had put some of her things in a plastic bag and placed it on the table. It fell from the table to the chair, and in my head I totally thought it was the rabbit getting into something she's not supposed to.
Last night, I got to bed alright, but woke up around midnight feeling like something or someone was in my house. I couldn't remember if I had locked my front door after my walk. So after I decided no one was in my closet ready lunge at me once my eyes focused on him, I got up and went all the way downstairs to make sure I locked my door. After I checked that, (It was indeed locked). I realized how quiet my place was. Maybe all these years, Jax was the reason for my insomnia? Bunnies are quiet in the sense that they don't bark or meow, but they are apparently loud in other ways. Thumping, jumping, running, chewing, rustling things around.... My boss thinks I may need one of those little white noise machines to help me through the nights.
Something good:
My loving husband came up and went to lunch with me today. Given, I forgot that he had a dentist appointment, and that's the real reason why he's in town, but I was still happy he was here all the same. We split a burger at Chili's. I told him he should come up to see me every Wednesday. Even though that's pretty impractical since he'll be out in the field 24/7 starting any day now.
Here's something I found that was cute. That cheered me up.
And here's another one. I thought Jax was smart because she played ball with me, and walked on a leash. I guess I wasn't challenging her to her full potential!