Monday, June 11, 2007

Boob Tube & Your Daily Education

I have to say, it's quite nice not being tied to the boob tube (aka the TV). Since the season finally of Lost and Grey's Anatomy, I haven't had to be home in my chair at any specified time for a couple weeks now. That being said, I am so happy to see that Hell's Kitchen is back on. I forgot how great this show is! I love Gordon Ramsey. He's an ass, but when he's not being an ass, he's a really good mentor. Plus, when he's in street cloths, he's pretty hot. He can verbally abuse me any night!

On my weekend O Fun with Kai, I bought this really cool contraption at the As Seen on TV store. It is a Power Mixer. Check it out. I ordered some protein shake mix from a competitor a couple weeks ago. (One of the fun things I get to do, is order things online to see how our competitors are doing.) So anyway. I tried this stuff out, and it would be pretty good if I could find a good shaker or something to mix up all the lumps. Just tried this thing out today. It rocks! It's super quiet, and works better than you think it is. I had no lumps in my drink within seconds.

In my quest for the perfect shaker, I had asked my uncle where he got his shaker bottle from. He is on a program from USANA which essentially is a slim fast sort of deal, but better because it's packed with vitamins and nutrients that you need from your daily diet. This particular program seems pretty good because they also put you on supplements to ensure that you are not depriving your body of any neccessary nutrients. Anyway. I was asking him about his shaker bottle, and he sent me a 5 day "Reset" package of the stuff he's on. I was completely shocked when I got it. Especially when I saw the bill. I've got to call my uncle and find out if I owe him money. That's a lot of money. But I'm thinking this stuff is worth it. I started it yesterday and I haven't had a single hunger pain or craving for anything. This reset program calls for a shake for breakfast, a snack, shake for lunch, snack, shake for dinner, 1 serving vegetables, 1 serving fruit. It's sort of weird that I haven't had a full meal in two days, but I feel great, and like I said, haven't had a single craving for anything. And what's even stranger to me. I couldn't finish my shake tonight. It was just too much. I had to put 1/2 of it back into the fridge until I was ready for the rest of it. Depending on what the scale says at the end of my 5 day trial, I might find myself ordering more of this stuff. I'll keep y'all posted on my results. But so far, it's feeling pretty good. Let's see if I totally crash tomorrow. Here's what I've eaten today:
Breakfast Shake
1 pc Ghirardelli Chocolate
Lunch Shake
1 hard boiled egg
2 pc cheese with crackers
Dinner Shake
Plus, 30 minute walk, and 30 minute bike ride.

Not bad eh?