I'm suffering from some serious "don't want to do anything" syndrome. So I'll try to keep this interesting.
This weekend DJ and I headed off to Medora, ND. In a
(nutshell) it's a tiny little old time town located in the Badlands out in Western North Dakota. It was pretty neat for what it was. We headed out of the rain on Friday morning. (It's been raining here like you would not believe.) When we arrived, we picked up our keys to "the Bunkhouse" (aka the hotel room I paid $80 a night for). We walk in, and do you want to know what 80 bucks buys you in podunkville cowboy town in the Badlands of North Dakota? You'd think it'd be a mansion suite right? Well... It was literally a trailer separated into rooms. Our room was just big enough for a small bathroom, and two twin beds. Yeppppp. Our romantic anniversary weekend was going to be spent Flintstones style. Oh, did I mention the walls must have been made out of particle board? You could hear the conversations the people in the other rooms were having. As a matter of fact, DJ and I sat in there and eavesdropped for a couple hours one morning. So as you can imagine, the hot sweaty screaming lovin' was out of the picture.
(nutshell) it's a tiny little old time town located in the Badlands out in Western North Dakota. It was pretty neat for what it was. We headed out of the rain on Friday morning. (It's been raining here like you would not believe.) When we arrived, we picked up our keys to "the Bunkhouse" (aka the hotel room I paid $80 a night for). We walk in, and do you want to know what 80 bucks buys you in podunkville cowboy town in the Badlands of North Dakota? You'd think it'd be a mansion suite right? Well... It was literally a trailer separated into rooms. Our room was just big enough for a small bathroom, and two twin beds. Yeppppp. Our romantic anniversary weekend was going to be spent Flintstones style. Oh, did I mention the walls must have been made out of particle board? You could hear the conversations the people in the other rooms were having. As a matter of fact, DJ and I sat in there and eavesdropped for a couple hours one morning. So as you can imagine, the hot sweaty screaming lovin' was out of the picture.This town is pretty much famous for it's Musical that they put on. This was actually pretty cool so far as musicals go. The amphitheater is outside on the hillside, and their set is very elaborate complete with moving buildings. They also use live horses and the hillside as part of the act. Every musical involves some sort of tribute to Theodore Roosevelt, who apparently had a ranch out there, and thought very highly of the time he spent there before he was president.
I ate pretty badly. There were a couple restaurants that I would have preferred to eat at, but since I had my husband who doesn't care about food, and really doesn't get the idea of pre-thinking a meal, it was hard to get him to think past, "Lets just go in here." So basically for the weekend I ate, pizza, hamburger, fried fish, steak, country fried steak, chips, and pop. It really sucked. I pointed out two real restaurants that I would have liked to try, but my attempts fell on hard headed deaf ears. Which pissed me off, but who wants to fight on their anniversary? So I just tried to ignore it and deal with it. But let me tell you, if he so much as mentions anything about "Have you lost any weight this week? or You didn't eat very well last week." It's totally on man. I'll rip him a new hole somewhere where he for sure won't enjoy it. So my goal for this week is just to get back to where I was last week. Which is quite disappointing since I put on some weight and didn't even ENJOY doing it. That's the one thing that sucks about this whole changing my way of eating. If I'm not going to enjoy it, I'm not going to put it into my mouth. (Hey, that could go for my sex life as well. ;o)~
OK. That's about the gist of my weekend adventures. Oh my God! I almost forgot the best part! Theodore Roosevelt National Park is right there too. So we drove through the park. Want to know the coolest thing about that park? Besides the Buffalo that hang out on the side of the road, and all the beautiful scenery? It's the Prairie Dogs!!! They are so cool! There are these big ole Prairie Dog towns and they aren't afraid of you when you stop, so they are just doing their prairie dog thing, barking at each other, and sunbathing and all that jazz. They were so much fun to watch! When they make their barking noise they throw their whole entire bodies up in the air. I wish I could have gotten it on video, but it was hard to get. So you'll just have to do with these photos. Check it out!
