Monday, June 18, 2007

Six and a Quarter Inches

You may have noticed that my little weight loss ticker hasn't moved much in the past month.  Sadly, it's not that I've been sooo busy that I couldn't update my ticker.  It's that it really hasn't moved.  In actuality, it has moved.  It's yo-yo'd up and down each week, but I'm still at the loss mark.  I've decided that although to see that little ticker slide closer and closer to the thirty mark would make me very happy.  What's more important are the things I'm changing in my lifestyle and diet that matter to me more.  Because above all, I want to enjoy my life, and part of enjoying life to me, is food.  So this journey is more to me about finding a balance than it is starving myself to meet a specific number on the scale.  Otherwise, I would have already met that target and regained it.
 
Even though the scale doesn't reflect it, I am indeed eating better as well as eating less.  I have been taking body measurements and from my last measurement, I have lost Six and a Quarter total inches.  I'd much rather see loss in inches than loss on the scale anyway.  So I'm still being successful.  I put on some summer cloths that at the end of the season last year, I couldn't get into.  (OK.  Some of them, I couldn't get into when I bought them in the first place.  Who am I kidding?)  Anyway.  I threw a pair of shorts into my bag for our weekend retreat, not trying them on first.  I figured, "Well, they'll likely be tight, but I'll stretch them out and they will be fine for the weekend."  When I went to sQUEeze myself into them on Saturday, to my delight, no squeezing was involved!  In fact, several times throughout the day, I had to check to see if my zipper was down, because they were so lose, I thought I must have left the zipper down to have all that room down there.
 
This weekend was terrible for food.  My loving husband kept picking restaurants that made pizza or hamburgers, or anything fried.  Each restaurant I'd suggest he'd nix and want to go to something else.  So it was very hard to eat low GI items.  So I don't even want to step on the scale today. I figure, if I don't know the damage, then I can't be depressed about it... Right?