Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh What a Night

Well, last night was fun (insert sarcastic tone here).  I had to work at Macy's last night, and that was no fun because I wasn't feeling well.  Then, around 2:30 in the morning, I was woken up by crazy hard rain.  No warning, just POUND! POUND! POUND!  It was so hard I thought it was hailing.  Then it started thunder and lightning (ing?).  Right about the time, I was almost back asleep, it really did start to hail.  Super hard.  And since my town home is all upper level.  I was seriously worried about my roof.  It was so loud.  I got up to inspect the hail and see if I needed to save my hibiscus.  I kid you not, this hail was the biggest hail I've ever seen!  It ranged from quarter size all the way up to baseball size.  BASEBALL size.  After I saw the third baseball bounce off my patio like it was a rubber bouncing ball, I decided to let my plants fend for themselves. Since I don't have a football helmet handy, there is no way I was going to risk my life to save my poor precious plant.  I think those suckers would have knocked me out and I'd still be beaten and passed out on my patio this morning. Had I gone out there.
 
I also did a lot of praying for the hour this went on.  I prayed that our corn and bean fields wouldn't get hit.  If that hail reached it all the way to the fields, I think my husband is going to have a breakdown. This year has already been bad with all the flooding we had at the beginning of the season.  So I'm fixin' to call him in a few minutes to see what happened down south.  Hopefully the storm went northeast and missed them.