Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Is it to early to pass judgment?

I have been here at Wilkins for what?  Two weeks now?  I hadn't really worked with my boss the first week because it was a short week, she was busy, and I was in training.  All last week she was on vacation.  This week she is back, and is already the topic of my complaints.  I hate to complain so soon in the game, but it's so hard not to after the 2 days I've had working with her.  Should I repeat that I've only been working with her for TWO, count them, one, two; days!!!  And I've already got complaints.  Now, my old boss (who shall remain nameless in here) wasn't perfect.  But I had few complaints about her.  My largest complaint about her is that she needed some balls.  She needed to stand up and fight more for things that the department needed.  I see so much ability for growth in that department.  All it needs is a good leader to make it all happen.  If I was the SAM of that department, I'd have lots of things in the works that would be good.  I'd be a little bee in my superiors ears.  Anyway, that's not the topic of my discussion today.  So I'll save that rant for another day.

My complaints today are about how my boss won't shut the hell up!  She's one of those, talk really fast, interrupt you to finish your thoughts, people.  So for the past two days, whenever I have been trying to explain something to her it goes something like this,
me, "well, I started out thinking that I should run a query on the"
her, "on the individual styles.  I see, that would make sense because... blah blah blah."
me, after a long period of trying to get a word in, "no, actually I was thinking we should run a query on the"
her, "oh.  I see, you want to run a query on the blah blah blah blah....."
me, after another long period of her trying to guess what I'm saying, "no actually..."
I think you get the point.  And the problem with that is that it is all a big waist of time.  If she'd just shut up and let me explain something then we'd be done with it in a fraction of the time it took to have that frickin' conversation!!!!!  And it's not just me she does it to, so don't think I'm just picky or judemental.  She did the same thing when we were talking to her boss several times.   (Now, this boss, I think I love.  She's so good as listening, and understanding what your asking/saying, and then she explains things perfectly so you leave her office without a single question.  Who I can talk more about in a later post.)   

So basically.  I'm thinking I'm not going to like my new boss.  I hope she stops being anoying like that after she gets settled back in to her daily routine.  Maybe things are just really hectic for her right now since she's been on vacation.  But I'm thinkin' my quickly forming opinion isn't going to be changing for the better.... Sigh.