I had the most fun this last weekend. I went back to Texas to finish up some "business" and stayed with my friend Cesar. It was such a blast. It was awesome being back. First of all, it was fabulously hot! Which I love. Second of all, it was just so much fun!!!
Thursday night when I got in, Cesar and I wound up drinking some new drink he learned how to make that consisted of one can limeade, one can vodka, and 2 bottles of beer. I was drunk off of 1/2 a glass and quite giggly, which I normally don't get like when I'm drunk. We both had 2. So you can probably imagine how we were. We drank and watched Chocolat. mmmmmm... Johnny Depp...mm mm mm. Then we stayed up talking through the walls for a long time. We should have just gone to bed in the same room, but by the time our drunk asses came up with that revelation, we were already snug and warm in our beds. Eventually, we fell asleep.
Friday, I met with the photographer to arrange my photo album. It's going to be awesome. I was so excited to see my wedding again. (Kind of sad that I'm no longer a bride. Just a boring wife.) Then went to lunch with my friend Lisa. It was nice to hang out with her, she's turned out to be a really good friend, and I'm glad I called her to have lunch. It was fun catching up on things. She even bought a black and white bunny at the swap meet or something. Then Cesar and I went to his families house for a birthday party. I have to say, it's a little weird being around someone who has brothers and sisters whom he actually likes. I have one, and she can't seem to stop shitting on me. He has millions and they all do nice things for eachother. Isn't that weird? ;o) It is to me. But it was cool to see.
Saturday we went SHOPPING! Woo hoo! Well, we didn't buy much at the outlet mall, but Cesar wound up buying an Entertainment Center and Rug. It was fun! Wish I had money to blow.
When I got home on Sunday night, my husband called as I was driving into my apartment to see if I made it home. I told him I was almost there. When I walked up the stairs to my apartment the door opened. I was scared shittless. I was preparing myself to karate chop someone, and was freaking out because I thought I hadn't locked my house up all weekend. And then standing in the doorway was my hot husband with a smile on his face saying, "welcome home". It was so great! I love him.
This weekend made me realize even more than my wedding did, how lucky I am to have the few good friends that I do have. I miss my friends. I mean, my REAL friends. I am worried that I won't be able to find that kind of quality friendship with anyone up here. It's a whole different world up here than it is down there. There I was single and young, and met most of my loyal good friends through school. Here I'm married and old. So the young singles won't be good friends b/c I have little in common with them. The older married are already with children and too boring for me to identify with. So I have no idea how I'm going to go about making good friends up here. Sigh.... I missed Texas. Even though I love MN b/c my man is here, and we have a lot of great things to do out here, I still missed Texas. I'm going to have to visit a lot more frequently.
Thanks Cesar for being such a great friend, and releaving some of my "homesick-ness". You are fabulous and I love you! Even though I may go bankrupt.