Thursday, August 12, 2004

Guess What Just Happened to Me.

A girl I work with just came over and asked me if I had done something. I told her no b/c I was waiting on Heather to do something, and that I was working on something else. Well. I was also typing a note to a friend of mine. So she goes, "I was here until 7:00 last night because I just can't get it done. So if your bored or something,and nodded to my computer note, would you do mine for me?" I told her if she wanted me to do them I'd do them.

That is just absoluetly out of line to say the "bored" comment to me. First of all, the systems are so slow, I'm writing the note between waiting times. And second. I see no difference in me taking a minute or two to write a note to a friend, and them going out to smoke a cig. Actually. It probably takes less time for me to write a note than it does for them to smoke a cigarette.

I wonder if I should say something to someone? Like maybe to my boss? What do you think? I wish I would have said, "Just because I'm writing a note to a friend doens't mean I'm working any less, nor does it mean I'm niglecting my duties here at Wilsons." I feel like I should say that to a manager or something. Like before this girl starts saying I'm not working or something. I don't know if she's like that to complain just because I don't work the way she does, but I don't know. Maybe she is.

Everyone's work ethic is different. And since I am only getting paid to work a certain amount of hours, that is what I'm putting in. It shouldn't be my life. Now, that's not to say if I am really busy, and/or something is urgent that I won't put in hours. It's just not neccessary to me at this point in time. Everything I have to do is stuff that can get done during regular work hours. Know what I mean? I mean. If I work my butt off, there is always going to be something else that needs to be done, so really, it's like beating a dead horse.

Give me some feed back y'all!