Ahh yes.... I've been on vacation for what? 6 days now. It's been bliss! I forgot how wonderful doing only what I want to do is. Ahhhh..... Now why didn't I marry a rich man? I'm starting to think I should really have considered that when years ago I was on my quest for perfect love and relationships. I really should have been out there looking for a man with all the loot. I haven't really taken a vacation from work for more than a day here, or there since I moved up to the Alaska of the mainland.
Thursday, Thanksgiving, I slept in until 9:00 local time, which was really 10:00 my time. The best part of this is, my husband even slept in with me! He is a 6:00am-er. I hate this about him. Usually I can get him to stay still until at least 7:30, but after that he's usually waking me up because he's ready to start his day. We've had very long conversations on this matter, and how I'd really love it if he really just layed in bed in agony until I am ready to wake up. I see nothing wrong with this, but for some reason, he has problems. Anyway. After getting up, my dad, my husband, and I all played cards and a family borad game called "Marbles". (Until a few years ago when my cousin died of pancreas cancer, my sister and I believe this game was unique to our family. In our horrid surprise, when we picked up some travel games to play in the car, our "Marbles" game was included in the set! Do you want to know what our family marbles game is called to the rest of the world? Are you ready? wait... wait..... Parcheasie. All these years we thought we had a unique family game, but it turns out it's not!!!! We were very saddened when we discovered this. :( But we did take solstice in knowing our family game had been modified. Anyway... Back to my vacation...) We ate, ate some more, then played cards some more. It was nice. We played cards outside in the back yard. It was so nice out. My dad lit the Chimenea (for those of you that don't know, it's basically an outdoor fireplace). This made it pretty cozy.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Slept in again. aahhhhh, this is the life! Then we sat around, watched movies, went to see Harry Potter 4, I crocheted one of those cute fuzzy scarves that everyone is wearing, then I read 1/2 of the book I picked up in the airport on the way down to NM. I intended to leave it for the plane ride to Vegas, but it was so good that I wanted to pick it up again. So I crocheted, then read, crocheted, then read. Exciting day eh? Oh yeah, I also ate.
Monday and Tuesday were similar to all of the above. So this blog is probably pretty boring. But here is the fun part. Well, maybe not for my readers, but for me it was fun. I went to see my friends bran new baby. She's going to kill me when she reads this, but I seem to have a brain-fart on his (the new baby) middle names. Yes, this particular friend has assigned all of her kids 2 middle names, it's tradition in her family. Anyway, her newest cutie patutie, is only about 2 weeks old. (I'm probably wrong about this too, but either way, he's very new to the world.) We went to go see him, and he was very cute. Of course he was pretty much just asleep the whole time Darin and I were there, but he was still cute. Almost makes me want to have one. But then I remember all the nasty inconveniences that occur to a woman, while her man is sitting around saying, "Yep, my sperm did all that." (I imagine that he is also popping the top of a beer can while he says this), and I'm brought back to reality. The surprising thing to me, was how Darin responded to this baby visit. He seemed to fair pretty well. I think he was less tense holding him than I was. Which isn't really that surprising to those of you that know me, but I've held the other two of her children, so you'd think I'd be getting better at it. ;o) Come to think of it, I think her kids are pretty closely the only babies I've ever held. There have been a couple here and there. On the car ride home, my husband told me that I come off as someone who never wants to have babies. I think it bothers him how I talk about not wanting them. But my friend who really know me know that one day I'll suck it up and have them. It's just the process that really bugs me. It's not that I don't want kids, it's that I don't want to physically HAVE them. I'm definitely not looking forward to it, but that doesn't mean I'm never going to have them. My friends know where I stand on this issue, besides, that's a whole seperate blog. So I'll just leave it at that. No babies for me at this present time. No matter how cute my friends babies are. You heard me brenda, no matter how cute your babies are!
On Thursday we will be off to Las Vegas - Woo hoo!- where I hope to win a million dollars, or at least enough to pay off all of my credit card debt off of one quarter. Think that is possible? I hope it is. I'm too poor to really gamble high stakes. A girl can dream right?
Now back to reality for a quick moment. I've decided that when I get back to the cities I'm going to pick up a second job. The cities are just sucking me dry. The cost of living is so high there, and I really don't make enough to cover my debt from college, my rent, gas back and forth to the big W, plus have money to spend on fun stuff to do. So I'm going to take a second job, maybe try something totally different than retail, and hopefully have money to just blow. If I ever find out who this guy is that invented money, I'm going to have to kick the crap out of him. I'd totally love to barter my way through life.
OK. Back to my little vacation! Have fun all of you that are at work right now reading this! woo hoo!