Well, another birthday has passed. And with my new birthday wisdom, I have decided that next year I will be 29 again. And the year after that, and the year after that....
Happenings of my Birthday Weekend:
Friday: A guy from the office left for Chicago, so we had a going away happy hour/party for him. The great thing about my office is that they are all alcoholics, and never turn down an excuse for a happy hour. So we had loads of fun at the bar, doing shots, and drinking, and just being loud. Then around Midnight, we headed off to a co-workers house for an after party. This was also a blast, but the bad thing about my office is that they are all alcoholics, and never turn down an excuse for a party. So of course the drunker they got the wilder it got. I wasn't drinking too heavily because the memory Darin's birthday are still too fresh in my mind. I even had to change my drink of choice, I ordered my regular jack and coke, but when it came I took one sip, and had to pass it on to someone else. I think ordered a cranberry and vodka, which I could handle quite well. So that is what I drank all night. With exception of course, to the 4 shots that I did. I have no idea what the shots were so don't ask me. Because I was probably the least drunk of everyone else at the after party, I realized the strangeness of the mix of people, and how crazy some people get when they have alchohol in their system. I headed home somewhat early. 1:00am. And was happy when I got into bed and nothing was spinning.
Saturday: I didn't do much of anything. I sat around and thought to myself how I needed to get off my fat ass and do something, but instead I just watched movies and slept. Darin called me around 5:00 and said he was driving down. So that was nice because we had planned on not seeing eachother over the weekend. So he arrived around 9:00, and we watched a movie and just cuddled. I love cuddling with him. It feels so good. Good for my soul.
Sunday: Again, we didn't do much of anything. We went shopping for his brother's wedding gift, and ate at wendy's for lunch. woo hoo. Then we went back to the house and opened my present. It was a Frogger Game. woo hoo! Now, I know you people are probably judging my gift, but I love it! I had wanted it months ago, but it wasn't in stock. So I made him go to two different Walmarts to find it. And it wasn't there! So I was very sad. So not only did I get something that I wanted, but he remembered that I wanted it. And that is what makes it sweet. Ahhh. I love my man. Then we went out to dinner. Steak of course. We stuffed ourselves, and drank. It was great! I can't remember the last time that he and I went to a nice restaurant with just the two of us. It was like a real date! We decided that we were going to do that more often.
Monday: D-Day. I went through work without even a birthday cake from my department. My friends of course gave me cards, etc. But my team didn't do anything. Not even a card. Oh well though. I don't like fake attention anyway. Since Darin wasn't going to be around after work, 3 of my girlfriends met me at Don Pablos for dinner. You know. Until recently I didn't realize what good friends I have made up here. I have at least 4 trustworthy, reliable friends up here. That may not be a whole lot. But if you think about the people in your life that you really feel like are really "true" friends, I'm betting that you'll find there are not many. I feel very lucky to have the truely good friends that I have. I have about 5 friends from Highschool, 2 friends from college (well.... maybe just one now a days), one friend I made at P1, and now the 4 here. I feel very blessed and lucky to have these people in my life.