Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Have I Lost My Edge?

Something has happened to me.  I think I no longer have a temper.  How is that possible?  I've had one for 30 years, how can it just be gone? I think I'm going to miss it.
 
Yesterday, my temper was tested severely when I got called into a meeting with these two men who "think" they are some sort of major influence to my YouTube project.  (They are not, they are just two people who are contributing out of about 100.)  Anyway.  I was supposed to just show them a couple videos so they could get an idea of what is going on.  I wound up in there for about two hours explaining things to them, and listening to their ideas.  (Which they think are fabulous, or that we haven't already thought about them, or that they are NECESSARY to implement immediately.  They aren't.) Without expunging details, at one point, one dude said something that I normally would have raged on him for.  Instead of me fuming inside and wanting to tell him off, I actually didn't even feel like telling him off.  Instead, I calmly explained to him why I know what I know, and why what I know is the reason we are doing the project the way it's being done.  (The details are boring, so I won't bother you with them.)  When I finally got out of the meeting, I headed to my manager's office to give her some updates on different things.  Once I told her what had happened, she was just as annoyed as I was.  But she told me I handled it well.  Phew. That's good to hear.
 
So this morning, as I'm recalling all of yesterday's annoyances.  I can't help but wonder, where did my rage go to? I so should have told that dude off.  Apparently, when you turn thirty, you lose some tude or something.  Or, is it something that happens to you when you move to the middle of no-mans-land? But I'm not worried about it.  I'm  sure my lovely hubby will do something to piss me off, and I will have to yell at him.  (I'll be forced to.) We haven't fought in a while, so I'm sure it's coming.  :o) ha!