I noticed my husband is developing an annoying habit. He seems to think he has to cut me off while I speak, and talk over me. AND, AND, I also noticed in our last two meetings with other people, that he asks a question, and then keeps talking/answering the question before the person can even get in there to answer the question. Yesterday, with our loan officer, I noticed this annoying "habit" about 5-7 times. I started counting late.
Here is my attempt at an example,
Him: "What is an FHA loan? That's where you borrow money at a % and then you have to pay it back right? Because that's what's really confusing for me.... Is I really don't understand the FHA loan."
Lender: "Well, the FHA loan"
Him: "That's where they cut you a break on different things, and give you discounts right? Because I'm not really sure what it's for, and I'd really like to get a better handle on it."
OK. That's not the best example, but I think you might get my point. I wanted to scream at him, "JUST ASK THE QUESTION AND SHUT UP SO SHE CAN ANSWER IT!!!!!"
This weekend, his sister's car was hit by some douche bag. So we pick her up to take her to the farm to get another car. (Yes, you see, the farm is this magical place that every car these people has ever purchased, stays around and never dies.) While out there, she asked my thoughts on how the insurance agency will handle her car claim. So I start to tell her what happened when mine was totaled right before the wedding. Note: DJ has never had a totaled car. This means, he doesn't know for sure/fact what happens in this scenario. But that didn't stop him from interrupting me a HUNDRED times to tell his sister what is GOING to happen. So finally I looked at him and said, "Jeez! Are you ever going to let me finish my sentence again?!" Then he shut up for about 2 seconds for me to start another sentence and then be cut off again.
That night when we got home, I brought it up to him. I told him it was irritating for him to interrupt me like that. Especially when someone specifically is asking me something. And when he interrupts, it leads me to believe what I have to offer to the conversation is irrelevant. He actually did say he was sorry, and he thought it was rude. He EVEN said that he thought what I had to say was relevant and he didn't know for sure what he was talking about, it was just his opinion. But that hasn't stopped him from continuing to interrupt me. I bet I'm fixin' to have another blow out with him. Last night, I was talking to him and he did it again, and I said, "Are you ever going to let me finish a FUCKING SENTENCE!!!!" Then I just finished cooking dinner and stopped talking to him for the night. I might have had to kill him.
PS. Is anyone having trouble with their spell check? Mine seems to not be working anymore.