Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


Does anyone have any fun plans? DJ and I don't "do" Valentines Day. A long time ago we decided that our Vday would consist of simply spending the day together with no on else. We don't go to dinner, or buy presents or anything like that. We also don't do the flower thing. I told him it's too expensive during the holidays, and I'd much rather get them from him on some random day when he was thinking of me then on some forced holiday. So my plans are to spend the day in with my man.

We have been slightly cheating this "no gift" rule for the past couple years. But it's been something cute and little. Last year he left a card and candy under my car seat and called me when I got to work to go look for it. And I bought him an M&M candy jar. This year, I bought him a pink onesie that says, "I heart daddy". This morning, when he came home, he had a bouquet of flowers for me. It was really sweet, since he works the overnight shift right now. And the card said something really sweet. I started to cry before I even read the card. I was just surprised that he'd even remembered what day it was. Stupid prego hormones. He even bought me the kind of roses I like. Pink. Red roses are so cliche.