Thursday, October 21, 2004

Completely UnProfessional!

I sometimes cannot believe this place that I am working. The dress attire I am still getting used to and don't know if I ever will. How can a person get used to seeing these girls thong underwear, and bare bellies everywhere. I don't know how anyone could take them seriously as a proffessional. But I guess in this place, and perhaps state, they do.

About half an hour ago, I heard the departments VP/GMM in someone's office screaming at the top of her lungs about something she was clearly unhappy about. She was screaming, "God Damn blah blah", and other cuss words. Now. I don't know about what other peoples opinions are on this topic, but I think that is completely unprofressional, and if it were me she was screaming at like that I would not tolerate it. Even if she is a VP, there is no reason why someone in a position like that should act in such a childish and unprofessional manor. I could not believe it. This screaming went on for a good amount of time too. I don' t know how this person got into this position with a temper like that. That kind of verbage, and emotion really should be left for a persons personal time. There is absolutely no reason why that should have gone on in an office building in front of, and directed at collegues.

I think as a woman it's already hard to get the needed deserved respect from men in a workplace, and women that behave like this in the workplace, only make it harder for those that do deserve equal respect. As a woman, and as a professional, I can say that this person has definately lost my respect. I believe in a work environment, actions and reactions such as that should never happen, and should definately have not gone on for that long before she corrected herself. No matter what sex the person is. It not only reflects on that person, it also reflects on the company.