On my ride into work this morning, I realized something.
Last night I bought myself a coat. I thought nothing of it, other than, "I finally have a coat that is not leather or suede." My leather one is not very warm, although very fashionable. And my suede coat is very warm, but is so stiff I feel like an abominable snowman in it. (I'm also claustrophobic, so not being able to move as freely as I'd like really freaks me out if I am in it for too long.) Anyway. Coats are on sale right now, so I went and bought me a casual coat for wearing around the farm. $50. You know, one that I wouldn't mind getting cow shit on. ha! Just kidding, we don't have cows. But one I wouldn't mind if it got a little dirty. (OK, who am I kidding. I'll mind if it gets dirty, but at least it will be easier to clean if it does get dirty.)
So I'm wearing my new coat this morning, and as I said, during my 10 minute drive to work, I realized that this is only the second non leather coat I have bought. EVER. While in Texas, the only coat I owned for majority of my 8 year residency was a jean jacket. I finally broke down and bought a wool jacket in winter 03 because walking though the parking ramp everyday in the winter really got cold because of the wind whipping factor. So that was my first ever purchased coat. Then working where I did before coming here, I have bought 2 leather coats, and 1 suede. 1 leather coat is completely useless other than it's quite cute on me. So I'm pretty excited about my new one. I'll have to go buy matching gloves, and knit me a matching scarf. I already have the yarn for it too! (I bought it on clearance about 2 months ago. Must have been fate.)
On other notes. WW starts today. It's actually just the informative meeting, hopefully I have another week before they weigh me in. I want to make sure I'm as far away from 200 as possible before it's recorded in ink. God I'm a lard ass. I'm not 200 lbs, but I'm pretty close. Too close for my taste.
What I'm eating right now... pudding. DJ made it last night, and I can't let it go to waist! After I eat this pudding, I'm eating my egg that I brought in, and I should be good until lunchtime, where I'll be eating a SmartOnes during my WW meeting.