Thursday, January 25, 2007

iTunes Chaps My Ass!

I discovered this cool program on my computer.  (It's one of those trial dealios you get when you buy your computer.) So I messed with it for a while, and investigated it further.  For $12.99 I could purchase the whole program and get all the bells and whistles.  So I bit.  I bought it.  It's not totally high tech, but it'll work until I decide to really get into that sort of stuff more. 
 
Anyway.  I put all my "Lake Summer 2006"  photos into a slideshow and went to add music.  Turns out, because iTunes doesn't let you use their music with any other device I couldn't even use my music in there for my slideshow!  I'm ticked off.  Basically, iTunes music are M4a's (Apples own concoction), and there is no way to convert M4as to MP3s.  Dang!
 
So basically, any music I want to use for slideshows I'll have to buy again as an MP3.  Dang!
 
So if anyone knows of any device out there that converts M4as to MP3s, please let me know.  My guess is there isn't one.  I can tell you one thing.  I won't be buying music from iTunes.  I'll be buying it elsewhere and then converting it over for my IPod.  If I buy something I should be able to use it however I want so long as it's not for commercial use!  Damn it!
 
I heard that there is a major class action lawsuit about this very thing in Europe.  I hope they win man.  For humanities sake, I hope they win!
 
Down with M4as!