Have I told you about the Christmas Tradition we have at our house regarding money?
Some time ago, after my parents moved into the house they are currently in, my Dad decided to start his own tradition. He started hiding one-hundred dollar bills in the tree. One for me, one for my sister. The first year, they were in cards that were then placed into the tree. That eventually evolved into just the bills being hidden in the tree. It's fun to try to find the money! I think there's only been one year where my sister found the money first. I usually find both sets, make her suffer for a while while, then tell her where it's at. My dad gets a kick out of trying to one up us.
This year, he was extra sneaky. He hid one dollar bills in a couple glass ornaments (which I found immediately). I didn't realize they were one dollar bills until DJ noticed it. So then I had to find the hundred. The only hint I had was that I had already opened it. So I had to go through all my presents looking for this bill. Meantime, as some of you may have already figured out, my sister was being a big bitch. She refused to look because she thought her dog was sick. So she sat on the floor staring at her dumb dog, who in return was staring at her. Most likely he was acting weird because she was acting weird, and he didn't know what was going on. There's more to that story, but the key here is this. She's such an idiot.
The good thing about this bill, is that I usually don't spend it right away. a. Because it's a big bill, and like McDonalds is going to cash that big of a bill right? And b. I just don't ever have cash on me, so I forget when I do. Well, I am sad to say, that what? Two weeks later, I'm finally spending the last of it. I've got four dollars left in my wallet. That's pretty good eh? I am totally proud of myself. I really haven't spent much this whole week either. I spent about $50 for New Years Eve dinner, then another $20 at the comedy club on drinks. Haven't eaten out all week either. Accept for yesterday when I decided to have my very first of the year Qdoba! (Not that I've lost any weight from this eating in crap...)
I'll write more about my trip from home. I was going to do it last night, but got busy doing some other stuff. TTYL!