Is anyone else out there tired of the stupid programs they have on TV right now? OK I have to admit that I was sucked into the hype with "So You Think You Can Dance", (Love me some Benji!), but I draw the line at America's Most Talented or whatever that crap is called with David Hasselhoff as a judge. There's another one out there just like that one with Oksana baiul. Equally anoying. And don't even get me started on "super nova's" (not capitalized for a reason.)attempt to repeat INXS's magic with Rock Star. Then that brings me to Celebrity Duets. . . I better not even start. . .
On the nights that I just want to veg out and watch me some good tv, there is nonthing, nadda, ziltch. These are usually my Mondays and Tuesdays. My usually good tv nights, those of which I look forward to, Wednesday and Thursday have also gone to crap. Of course I cling on to reruns of Greys Anatomy on Thursday nights to keep my spirits up. But I have to say that I am very tired of crap on television. I can't wait until the fall lineup starts. I got excited when I saw a commercial that said Greys Anatomy returns on September 21st. I even marked my calendar for it. The amount of excitement that little bit of information gave me was insane. I probably should seek proffessional help. I even called my Grey's Anatomy buddy Jordan to make sure I heard it right.
I've resorted to flipping over to the Comedy Channel to watch last nights taped episodes of John Stewart and The Colbert Report unit 8:00 when I try to turn it back to network television where I'm still dissapointed with crap.
I can say that all this crap television has caused me to get a lot of crafts and projects done that I had on my list. So it's not all bad. Plus, I have added Nip Tuck to my Netflix list of shows to start watching when I need that good tv veg break.
So all that being said, what are you looking forward to seeing this fall? Here are the shows I'm totally stoked to watch.
Will Watching Religiously:
Grey's Anatomy (of course)
ER (Even without Noah Willy I'm still a fan)
Boston Legal (Love me some SpaderShat or maybe Shader)
Lost (It took me a while to get into it, but now I'm hooked)
The Office (Good for making my office look really good)
Earl (I just like to not have to think hard but still get a good laugh)
the OC (Sadly, I'm looking forward to a season without Marissa, but unless they move it to a new time, I'll only be watching during Grey's Anatomy commercials. . . Until I get a Tivo Maybe I'll just watch it when the season comes out on DVD)
Shows I plan to check out:
6 Degrees (looks good)
Studio 60 or whatever it's called with Matt Perry in it, I hope is good for his sake.
30 Rock - That other studio show with Alex Baldwin looks promising
Biggest Looser 3
Justice - Might be an interesting spin on tv and the justice system
Shows I wish I could Watch But I'm too Old to Stay up That Late:
Conan Obrien (I miss his reruns on the comedy channel)