Friday, August 04, 2006

Having a Good Day, and it's only 10:00!

I'm having a fabulous day in the workplace. I've actually had a good week in the workplace. I have been researching companies to bring on board to assist us with entering the Japanese market. It's been pretty exciting for me because I am the project manager for the web team. I've narrowed down the companies to two, and presented the information to the team today. I was a little worried because I didn't know how much information they wanted to know and whatnot.

--Sidebar, someone is vacuuming the hallway, and the noise is really driving me nuts!--

So I just started talking about them, and why I was leaning toward one more so than the other. And blah blah blah. So then I finish talking, and they all have smiles and are responding with good questions that I can actually answer, and then the Director asks me to come up with a timeline, and I say, "Well, I've got one that I created with just guesstimates for now, and of course the timeline will change as things become more permanent. I'm looking at "best case scenario" 6 months to go live date." Then I rattle off the timeline, and people were impressed. Then I said, the next thing I want to do is get a small team of Marketing and Web together to discuss the look and feel of the site, and she said, "Set it up, your the lead."

Feels pretty good. Especially since my last job really sucked in the "allowing a person to think" category.

I really think if I can pull this project off (Which I will) I'll have the confidence I need to either pursue that other company that I turned down because I was worried it was too much for me, or start my own. In the mean time, the more experience the merrier.