Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dead Rabbits and all That Jazz

My dad just emailed me and told me that my sister's rabbit died last night. It's very sad. That rabbit has been around for years. I think maybe nine or ten to be exact. She has had it ever since she was engaged to that dude. So yeah, it's got to have been that long.

Well, most of you know the drama of my sister and me. (and if you haven't, then you obviously don't read my blog. Whatever!) A couple weeks ago, I don't know why, but I emailed her about a sale some craft store was having on scrapbooking crap. My sister is very into that, and like I said, I have no idea why I emailed her about it. Other than I had a momentary laps in judgment. As you know (my dedicated readers anyway) every time I extend the olive branch, it comes back to slap me in the ass. So I have closed all doors and windows to that tree. This has worked well for me, and why I opened them up again, I am sure I'll be reminded soon.

So now I have to send out an email, or call her even, to tell her I'm sorry to hear about her rabbit. It is the decent thing to do. But I really don't want to extend yet another branch, because the more I do that, the higher my risk of getting the fingers, hand, arm, holding said figurative branch scratched, broken, or ripped off. But I did it anyway. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me too hard later.

I know it will, because it always does. What's that phrase? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? Well... at least I'm prepared for it when it does come back around.