My coworker just bought herself the new video IPod. She told me she was thinking about buying it last week, and I told her that I'd buy her old one off of her. Well, she ordered her new one and got it yesterday. She gave me her old one. Gave it to me! She got it as a gift from our CEO for doing some personal work on his computer a while back, so she gave it to me because she wasn't out any money in the first place. Isn't that nicee?! So now I have a 40GB IPod. Woo hoo!
So I'm totally excited. It's an older model, but what do I care? Since it's my first one, I wouldn't notice the difference anyway. I've been wanting an IPod for some time now, but can't seem to justify the cost since I have many other more important things to purchase first. So I can't wait to get to downloading stuff to it! The only thing is I have to buy a USB cord for it because it came with a firewire, and I don't have a firewire plug on my laptop. Since I don't have a stereo, I might just wind up buying one of those speaker/docking stations so I can listen to it at home. I also need a car adapter, so I can listen to it in the car. This is so exciting!