Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bonus!

I got my bonus yesterday. Which is so nice for many many many reasons. Should we count the ways?

  1. It's nice to work at a company that ACTUALLY pays out their bonus as promised.
  2. It's nice to work at a company that not only pays out it's bonus, but pays it out when you need it most. (Unlike a certain other crappy company I worked at that stalled stalled stalled and then ripped you off.)
  3. It's nice to work for a company that gives out big bonus potential.
    One by one we were called into my managers office, where she gave us praise for being such a great team.
  4. Even though the gift tax raped me, I don't care so much because it's still a good chunk of money! (Unlike some crappy other company that prorated, and deducted amounts at whim prior to cutting the check to you, on top of Uncle Sam's cut.)
  5. I still have a large enough amount that I now get to pay off a credit card.
  6. I can now afford to buy a new bed for the master bedroom.
  7. I can now pay off my lowest outstanding student loan. This will leave only one outstanding that will be payed off within 2007.
  8. I think after all that, I will still have enough left over to pay off one of my department store credit cards then close it out.
  9. This leaves me hopeful for when my annual review comes around, which happens 1 year from when you start. So everyone's review date varies making it nice for the managers I'm sure.