At least for this year.
As you are aware I had a little incident with my thumb on Thanksgiving Day. It's pretty much healed by now too. There's a little teenie scab, and it still hurts a little when I do stuff with it, but for the most part, I'd say it's healed.
This Christmas we went to my parent's house. For those of you who don't know, my dad's dog is now deaf and blind. Poor old puppy... He usually follows my dad to bed every night. Well, since he can't see or hear, he was left in the living room with me Christmas night. I didn't want him to wake up and be all alone in the living room, so I picked him up and carried him to my dad's side of their bedroom. I bent down to put him on the floor when WACK! I slammed my forhead into my dad's old 1950's dresser. With pointy corners and edges! Ouch! I finished putting old Hellen Keller down, and put my hand to my head. No surprise to me, I was gushing blood. Dang!
So I go to the bathroom to see this deep gouge in the shape of the dresser corner in my forhead. (Is my brain falling out the hole yet?) I probably needed stitches, but I just stood there and blotted/applied pressure until I stopped bleeding. By now I'm a pro at this you know. My mom heard me telling DJ what I did, so she jumped out of bed to doctor me up. She fashioned the bandade so it'd pull my skin together, and luckily, in the morning my head wound looked much better, and I think it will heal nicely! I wore a bandade on my forhead for a couple days. It looked pretty stupid because I was right above my brow.
My friend Blac asked me what was going to happen to me on New Years. OMG! I better stay home, and do nothing, inside a steal bubble! Ha!
Oh, did I also mention that I also caught a cold from my mom and sister? Oh, yeah. It's terrible. I have been coughing and sneezing since Tuesday!